Monday, May 14, 2012

It's been a while, I know...

Yes, I know...it has been about 2 months since my last post, but I'm back. I didn't have that many cakes to make in the last couple of months, and took a break from my obsession w/ perfecting the French macaron. I also went on an awesome cruise with my mom for 15 days. But, it is May, and I have several cakes coming up in the next month or so. I also have a wedding cake tasting coming up in July, and a wedding cake in August! I am excited for my busy cake baking summer!

So, things that I need to get done are still not quite done, but are progressing. I will say that after my vacation, I've been feeling rejuvenated and refreshed, and more positive about this baking journey. I also got to visit my favorite dessert restaurant, Extraordinary Desserts, in San Diego, which was a rejuvenating inspiration for me. And, tasting the Ivorie Royale (yes, I did get a slice..well two actually), it was so amazing!
Yummy deliciousness!

I'm feeling much clearer about what I want, and know it will take a lot of work to get there.

Chocolate cake w/ chocolate ganache frosting
I completed two cakes this weekend - a birthday cake, and a bridal shower cake. It was great to bake again. I tried a new recipe for one cake, and tried to up my decorating standards a bit. I think they came out pretty well.

Lemon Ricotta Cake w/ whipped cream , strawberries, and blueberry filling. Buttercream frosting

1 comment:

  1. hooray for rejuvenation! you're on quite a path, my friend. such fun to see you improve, expand, and ignite your great talent. much love and admiration!

    ReplyDelete