It has been a few weeks since my last post. I think I have made 3 cakes, one batch of cookies, and one batch of macarons since then. The good news is, my cakes have been consistent and I have been getting better with planning the right amount of time to bake and decorate. Now for the bad news...well, actually there really isn't any bad news. I made some macarons this weekend. My Zumba teacher ordered some, which is great! So, I finally got this book, "Les Petite Macarons" from the library. Umm, it's kinda like the macaron bible! The author, who is a pastry chef, give very clear details as far as the recipe goes. She has a trouble shooting section as well, which is very helpful. I read this cookbook at night before bed...that's how much I love it!
 |
| Macaron bible! |
Anyway, I made the macarons this weekend. For the most part, they came out pretty well. Well, the first batch did. Which is fine, because that was all I needed for my Zumba teacher. The second batch did not come out as well, BUT, I think I know what went wrong, which is very helpful. The only thing I can do is keep trying...and figure out how to get almond flour in bulk, so I don't feel so bad when the don't turn out, and I have to toss them (although, the cookbook also has ideas of what to do with the less-than-perfect macarons). So, maybe it isn't really a dilemma as much as a quest to making the best, and most consistent macarons I can!
 |
| One of my recent cakes; chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. |
Now, for what needs to get done. People are buying my baked goods. I sometimes can't believe it; I'm still learning to be confident and know that what I make is good, and people are not just telling me that to be nice. Anyway, I need to get a business license. It has been on my to do list now for 3 months, and I'm going to have to bite the bullet, write a business plan and get a licenses. That's it. Now you all know! I also need to get real business cards made. I made some, but they look like I made them! Once again, bite the bullet and do it! I know, I can get like 250 cards for cheap online. Well, I guess I better get 250 cards online for cheap...
No comments:
Post a Comment