A month ago, I was on a cruise with my mom, sailing down the Pacific Ocean, preparing to travel through the Panama Canal. That experience was so amazing! But, while on this cruise, I had a lot of time to think...about a lot of things, including what I wanted to do about this baking thing. I thought a lot about what I had to do to get my business licenses and to move forward in getting more clients. I constantly have been using money and time as the reason why I couldn't do this or that, but I realized that it was fear. Fear of failing, of not being good enough, and, again, of failing. My family and friends have asked me what is the worse that can happen -- I try, it may or may not work out, and then I move on. But the biggest thing is to try! TRY and see...
This is where faith comes in for me. My fear has clouded my ability to have faith that God is all knowing, and no matter what happens, He will provide what is needed, even if it's something I didn't know I needed. And faith in myself and in my abilities...I spend a lot of time thinking that I may fail, instead of having the faith in myself that if I do fail, I will be able to move on, and keep going. It won't be the end of the world if I fail. And, that there is chance that I won't fail, and that I will be successful making cakes and creating a business. But, I will never know this if I don't try.
I'm ready to really try. I'm ready to push the fear aside, and go forward, having faith that my prayers will be heard and answered. Faith that I am a great baker, and that with hard work and dedication,"I can do anything through Christ, who strengthens me." Philipians 4:13.
 |
| At Extraordinary Desserts in San Diego, CA |
My efforts to move forward were reinvigorated yesterday when my friend Karen sent me a link to on of Seattle's local newspapers. The state passed the "Cottage Food Act", last year, which permits small business owners to sell baked goods (CAKES!) and jams, etc, commercially out of their homes!! That was a huge push forward for me, as I had been struggling to find a commercial kitchen to rent, in order to make cakes that could be sold commercially! This law opens MANY doors for me! And, I'm going leave my fears behind, cover myself in faith, and walk right through that door!
I'm happy to hear that you are moving forward braving the unknown. It will be an adventure and rewarding to do what you love. Your friends, including me, will be happy to support you however we can.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Karen