Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wedding cake and macaroons ( aka.macarons)

Tonight I baked the cake portion of the Ivorie Royale. I am making the cake for a church fundraiser on Saturday evening. They have a dessert auction, and the last few years that I have been there, I've said to my friends that I should have donated a cake. Well, this year I'm going to donate my favorite cake. I will have pictures of the final project on Saturday. The cake smells amazing, and I can't wait for the finished project!

As for the macaroons, my friend Sara was here tonight keeping me company while I baked.  I was making the macarons, and she asked if I put vanilla or almond extract in them. I explained that I don't use any extract, and after trying to figure out what she meant, I realized that she thought I was talking about the coconut macaroons that are a main stay around Passover. I explained that I was making French macarons, pronouncing it with my snobby French accent! Well, the first batch came out of the oven looking lovely, frilly little feet and all! I told Sara she may have to come over every time I make them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment