Friday, February 10, 2012

Ivorie Royale

There is a dessert restaurant in San Diego called Extraordinary Desserts. When I lived in SD, Julie, Greg, and I would go there often. It was the place that we took anyone who would come visit. It was, and still is, one of the best restaurants I've been too. I mean, dessert restaurant. Anyway, there was one particular cake slice I would get, if it was available -- Ivorie Royale. It was amazing! A vanilla soaked pound cake, with a yummy sour cream filling and berries, and white chocolate frosting! So good!! I've been trying to find recipes in order to try and replicate it, but was not successful...

That is, until today! A few weeks ago I was on Amazon looking for a macaron cookbook, and came across, Extraordinary Cakes, written by the owner of ED  in SD!! I was floored and so excited! I was going to have a chance to make this wonderful cake, which by the way, if I'm so blessed to have a wedding, will be my wedding cake! So, I purchased the book, and it arrived to day. It was like Christmas! I am so looking forward to making this cake. I only hope my replication of it comes out as good as I remember!

1 comment: