 |
| Batter in the pan |
I made my first specialty cake of the year. It was for my friend Meche's baby shower! The cake was great! She requested a simple cake -- yellow cake, soaked w/ vanilla simple syrup; white chocolate-marscapone whipped cream filling, and white chocolate butter cream frosting. We garnished with raspberries. It was great, although a raspberry filling with the whipped cream would have taken it too another level!
As with all the cakes I make, I am always critical of myself. For this cake, if I make it again, I will use a bit more white chocolate in the frosting. I will be sure to add more of the vanilla syrup to the layers. I am always concerned about over soaking the layers, which means I never use as much as I should. It resulted in layers that had a hint of the syrup, but it wasn't soaked all the way through. Next time, I will be way less conservative with the syrup.
Overall, I was please with the cake. It reminded me of my favorite cake at Extraordinary Desserts in San Diego, CA. The cake is the
Ivoire Royale, and it is the most wonderful cake! This is the cake I want for my wedding! It is vanilla soaked pound cake, with a white chocolate mousse and seasonal berry filling. It is my secret desire to be able to completely duplicate this cake! It will never be like the original, though!
 |
| Out of the oven. Leveling the cake and adding vanilla syrup. |
 |
| Soaking in syrup |
I have a few photos of the cake as it is being prepared, but none of the completed cake...yet. A wonderful friend of mine, Hollas, came over and took some professional pictures of the cake and me decorating it! I so appreciate her help, and I am already trying to figure out what to make her to say thank you!
 |
| Cake has been leveled, soaked w/ vanilla syrup, filling has been added. Back in the fridge to set. |
 |
| Crumb layer |
Posted are my photos. I will get hers up as soon as I get them.
No comments:
Post a Comment